Search This Blog

13 February, 2008

More Wal-Mart news...(not pictured)


After mentioning the new Hurricane Wal-mart it seemed apt to go up there and take a look at the progress. I was very tempted to take a few piccies but decided I would look incredibly uncool. Plus there were a bunch of trainees up there...erm..training I guess. Looks like the main building is complete now and there are actually signs of a few items inside. I saw the banner today that said "Food center opening soon" so am not sure what that means. Anyway, the parking lot looked nice. Nearby, there is a row of empty shops at the moment. A Dollar Tree will be moving in up there to one of the bigger spaces but the rest look pretty vacant. I have my fingers crossed for a decent restaurant around there somewhere. You'd think that a Longhorn, Outback, or any other steak house would do great business just off the interstate and in one of the most affleunt areas of this part of the state. Mind you, I'd settle for a Wendys right there too. You gotta love that chilli.

8 comments:

Buzzardbilly said...

You made the right choice with Wendy's, even though that Tudor's in Hurricane is open all day long and they serve the biggest fluffiest biscuits of any Tudor's.

When you first moved here, did you wonder about people eating milk gravy on scones?

Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

Oh, man, some Wendy's Chili would be perfect today!

All Click said...

I think i'll dedicate a post to the Hurricane Tudors and my experience with Tudors overall. Thanks Buzzard!

RB: I really like that chilli...and their nuggets too mmm.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I already posted about Tudor's a couple of months ago, but I'd love to hear your take on it.

The Food Center means the area of the Wal-Mart that is the grocery side. The other side has all the other assorted items -bathroom accessories, clothing, electronics, toys, pharmacy, etc.

Buzzardbilly said...

I saw your comment on ETW's blog about having your fingers crossed for a Season Three of Dexter. Last night's CBS airing of the first episode of Season One ended with a commercial saying that Season Three will be coming to Showtime this Fall.

I cannot wait for Season Three! New Dexter. New attitude. The unshackled, unbridled, unabashed kill-em-if-they-deserve-it Dexter that the end of Season Two alluded to has me filled with anticipation.

Enjoy that Hurricane Tudor's. It is the best of the Tudor's chain.

Buzzardbilly said...

BTW, seeing Sgt. Doaks call Dexter a "motherlover" on CBS made us chuckle.

Christopher Scott Jones said...

In ten years I bet that there will be a WalMart at every exit between Cross Lanes and Huntington.

All Click said...

CJ: lol I think even Wal-mart would struggle with that. Unless they come out with the Small-mart (I should copywrite that) which would be a much smaller version of Wal-mart..but big fat mark-up prices.