Search This Blog

18 February, 2008

Tudors Biscuit World


Well what can I say about Tudors? I'll start off by saying that it is now one of my all-time favourite places to eat. A Tudor's breakfast is a treat for me and a great way to start the day. Once upon a time I used to eat Mcdonald's Egg McMuffin for breakfast. As a treat of course. I'd been insane to eat that everyday. It was nice, greasy though, and left me feeling bloated rather than full. Then one sunny, early morning in 2006 I sat upon the steps in Marshall Stadium and tasted my first Tudors. I think it was Dottie..but i'm probably wrong. From then on I didn't need much persuasion to indulge in a "biscuit" (nothing like a digestive) from Tudors or any other place for that matter. I've been to several now across the state and my only complaints are that sometimes they use the messy cheese (It's a) messy and b) a little salty for my liking), and sometimes it looks like they assembled the biscuit in the dark. Apart from that I can't complain and I snap up all the coupons they send to me. The one in Hurricane is a good one, and does have light and fluffy biscuits. I have to say that the one I stopped at just outside Winfield was even better though. Almost a work of art and tasty to boot. My favourite biscuit from Tudor's you ask? Well, anything with cheese, potato and egg gets my vote. Is that the Ron? Answers on a postcard please.

6 comments:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

When I got back from 6 months in Blighty, I had my father stop at the first Tudor's on the way back from the airport.

Food has never tasted so good.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The one you like is the Dottie. That's also my favorite. But, I get the egg scrambled, so sometimes it's even more of a mess! I don't like that bouncy egg patty form.

Anonymous said...

I like the Mary B but I always ask for a cheese slice and not the messy, melty, salty stuff. I'm with you on the melted cheese -- it's just nasty.

All Click said...

CJ: That doesn't surprise me. There is nothing really that similar in England to a "biscuit". Maybe you could heat up a scone..though it would be nasty with cheese and meat.

ETW: Thanks! The dottie, of course! I didn't even know you could ask for the egg to be scrambled!

Rebecca: hmm I always forget to ask for the slice but soon remember when I get a fist full of melty cheese!

Clint from way back said...

Just don't steal the jelly.

Anonymous said...

WWJS?