Search This Blog

21 March, 2008

Great movie death scenes: Alien

Remember when you watched this movie for the first time? I'm not sure if I do. But everytime I think of the movie I love this death scene. The whole film is fantastic. From the slow and suitably quiet camera pans throughout the ship to the real spacecrafty looking spacecraft and vague but tremendously scary aliens themselves. The whole cast are fantastic. You'll spend the first 30 minutes screaming at the movie "Don't do that!! It's an alien! no!!" but then as this scene rolls around at last you have the smug satisfaction of "I told you so". Brilliant and look at those very real reactions ;-)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great death scene. Great movie. One of my top three all-time favs. The most amazing thing about this movie is that even as it approaches its 30th birthday it hasn't aged a bit. I doubt that someone watching it today for the first time would guess it was an "old" movie if they didn't know better. Well, except they may be suspicious when they remember Hollywood doesn't make movies this original anymore.

Paul said...

Great scene and a classic film. As facehugger says, they don't make them like this anymore. Alien is all about suspense.

jedijawa said...

Ditto.