Search This Blog

28 May, 2009

Sticking it to the man

Gas went up to $2.69 a gallon round these parts over the memorial day weekend. I waited and waited until today and got mine for $2.59. Alllllll-riiiight.Take that big oil companies!

I know it's that time of year that gas prices go up but it's still perfectly reasonable to complain, in my eyes. I hear some people say "well, at least it's not like last year" but that's not the point. It's higher now that it was a month ago but without any real reason, unlike last year when we apparently did have real reasons.

Those same folk were probably saying last year "Well, at least we aren't paying European prices".

2 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Change that "apparently" to a "supposedly," and I'm right there with you. I thought prices would drop Tuesday...but they didn't. I finally had to fill up last night, so I used my 10-cent Kroger discount and got mine for $2.55. I wasn't happy about it, though. Greedy bastards.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think it might still be around $2.65 near us. Bleh....