Search This Blog

19 October, 2007

Rocky Mountain High

Who said that normal Radio is dying out, being replaced by digital radio with no adverts and just the type of music you want to hear? Certainly not me. Well maybe it was me, but it certainly shouldn't be dying out. Where else would I get inspiration for blog posts! This time, it's John Denver. Famous for writing a certain song about a place he had never been ;-) and other hit songs. Here is one also about nature and it's splendors. The debate i have with myself about this one is was he actually talking about the high from nature:



But the Colorado rocky mountain high/

I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky/

The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullabye/

Rocky mountain high



Seeing an inspiring sight that kind of makes you forget yourself and the world, like the red sky of dusk. Or was he just "wired" as he would say. I like to think it's simply the first one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a video of John Denver explaining that he did not write Country Roads for WVU! Maybe it would clear up their misconception that they own it ;-)