Search This Blog

13 February, 2009

Cheese-topped tilapia

I'm not much of a chef but I don't mind trying out a new recipe every now and then and here's one I tried recently that I thought the Evil Twin's Wife and Chris James might get a kick out of. It's pretty simple (hence why I was able to cook it).

You need:

1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (yum!)
2 tbsp. butter at room temp.
1 1/2 tbsp of plain yogurt (or Mayo *gags*)
1 tbsp lemon juice (although I didn't use this it would probably add to the flavour)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
oh and 1 bag of Tilapia Fillets

You need the broiler for this one, so fire it up. Then get a baking sheet ready with aluminium foil and then spray it with cooking spray. Next, get a bowl and mix the cheese, butter, yogurt lemon juice and the seasonings. I used extra cheese. Put the fish on the baking sheet and broil for 3 mins, then turn them over and broil for another 3 mins. Remove them from the oven and put the cheese mixture on and then put back into the oven to broil for 2 more minutes. Mmm good.

Putting on the cheese mixture can be a little tricky cause it likes to melt with the heat of the fish and the above amounts doesn't leave you with very much mixture per fish. So, you may want to increase your amounts of cheese and yogurt and seasonings so you have plenty of cheese coating.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You know, I've never worked with fish before - makes me nervous to think of all the ways I could screw it up. Did you use the broiler with the rack about the middle of the oven or closer to the broiler?

Christopher Scott Jones said...

I'm there, dude.

Does it work better with block parmesan or the canned stuff?

All Click said...

ETW: I kept the rack in the middle of the oven. That broiler gets super hot and I'm afraid putting it closer to the broiler would over-do the fish.

CJ: I used block Parm as I'm a fancy European ;-)