Search This Blog

26 June, 2007

Grand Theft Auto IV - Preview


I first remember playing a GTA game many moons ago. The view was top down. The gameplay basically involved driving around a toy-like car to various phone booths and then gunning down appropriate gang members or vehicles. Much, MUCH changed a few years later when I was introduced to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Now the perspective was behind the character, you could jump in a whole bunch of new cars, travel where ever you wanted, and listen to some sweet 80's tunes. Oh, and you still had the chance to gun down some people. The missions became more involved, there was a proper story running through it with guest voice actors such as Ray Liotta, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds and Debbie Harry and also about a million (roughly) side missions and tasks to accomplish. I was pretty much hooked just watching someone else play. I was very excited to get my hands on the next game in the series Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Much the same kind of adventure as the first, but a new character, a much bigger playing area now involving three cities, and a heck of a lot of missions to accomplish. Not to mention another great 90's soundtrack. After much waiting GTA:IV is soon to be released. From what I've seen of the trailer and screenshots it looks beautiful. Rockstar have said that there will be more of a blur between on and off mission action also so exploring the universe will actually have more of a purpose. The game will be the biggest in scope meaning that you can enter more buildings and investigate more areas. Sounds great to me. Only snag is...this could be $90 a game...so if anyone wants to donate me a game I'll be happy to play and tell you all about it.

No comments: